Read and understand our statements regarding your privacy and the security of our BeneFAQ website and its service.
Welcome, and thank you for using BeneFAQ's website. SchoolRIGHT, LLC operates this website, which owns and markets the business name BeneFAQ (Benevolent Financial Aid Qualification), which is accessible at www.benefaq.com.
One of our main priorities is the privacy of our visitors and the security of their information. We value the relationship we have with our members and are committed to protecting your information using industry best practices. This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information when someone decides to visit our website and/or use our Service, and how we use and protect this information. Please read our policy carefully to get a clear understanding of how we collect, use, protect or otherwise handle your school's, employees, students, and family's personally identifiable information in accordance with our website.
We collect personal information from users that access one of our Websites to place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to survey, fill out a form or enter general information on one of our websites, or when school administrators or families access one of our cloud-based applications.
If you choose to use our Service, then you agree to the collection and use of information in relation to this policy. The personal information that we collect is used exclusively for providing and improving the services of SchoolRIGHT, LLC. We will not use or share your information with anyone except as described in this Policy.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We collect information from you at the time you register for our website, order a product or service, you subscribe to a newsletter, you respond to a survey, you fill out a form, or you register on our site.
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
While using our website, we may collect the following information:
- Information you give us - For example, our secure log-in areas of our website require you to sign up for an account. When you do, we may ask for personal information, like your name, date of birth, email address, tax information, etc.
- Computer or device information - We may collect computer or device specific information, such as your hardware model, operating system version and mobile network information, if applicable.
- Log information - When you use our website, we may automatically collect and store certain information in our system. This may include:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address. This is the number that is automatically assigned to your computer or device whenever you connect to the Internet.
- The network provider you use to access the Internet (e.g. Charter Communications/Spectrum, Verizon, etc.).
- The Internet address of the website, if any, from which you came to our site. The date and time you used or accessed our website and how long you spent using the website.
- The pages you looked at or services you accessed.
- The name and version of your computer or device’s operating system and, if applicable, web browser.
- Local storage - While using our website, you may ask us to remember the page you would like us to show when you log in. By selecting this feature, our website will store your choice on your computer or device in an encrypted file.
- Google Analytics
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The use of family financial information is exclusively for the purpose of providing the school with accurately calculated data. We use the information we collect from our website to provide, maintain, protect and improve our website, to develop new websites, and to protect our members and our users who register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features, in the following ways:
- To personalize user experience to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which a majority are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve users.
- To allow us to better service users in responding to customer service requests.
- To quickly process transactions and complete verifications.
- To send internal account messages and emails regarding orders or other products and services.
- To follow up quickly with users after correspondence (live chat, messaging, email or phone inquiries)
Family financial information will never be copied, duplicated, loaned, exposed or sold to anyone, except to the extent that the data is available to the school for determination of financial aid award.
We do not share or sell your personal information with companies, organizations, and individuals outside of BeneFAQ.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we stored about you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to withdraw consent.
We protect your information in the following ways:
- Encryption - When you visit our website, we require the use of a secure browser with encryption. Using encryption protects the information by scrambling it as it is sent from your computer or device to BeneFAQ and vice versa. It helps to keep your information secure and private.
- System monitoring - We regularly review activity logs to identify potential problems. We have systems in place to automatically block and help prevent unauthorized access to your information from unknown or untrusted sources. We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- Patches - We update our systems frequently so that we are using current security technology.
- Limited access - We restrict access to your personal information to Independent Health associates who need to know that information in order to process your request or maintain our website. Those that have access to your information are subject to strict confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
BeneFAQ by SchoolRIGHT, uses a third-party payment gateway to securely collect and process payments from our customers. We have carefully selected our payment gateway provider based on their track record of meeting and exceeding industry standards for data security and compliance.
As a result, we are able to offer our customers the convenience and security of paying for our products and services without storing any sensitive cardholder data on our systems. This significantly reduces our own PCI DSS compliance obligations.
However, we still take our responsibilities for data security very seriously. We maintain a secure network with appropriate firewalls, access controls, and other technical safeguards. We also carefully manage access to any systems that interact with the payment gateway and regularly monitor our environment for any suspicious activity or potential vulnerabilities.
We work closely with our payment gateway provider to ensure that all applicable PCI DSS requirements are met and exceeded. Our customers can trust that their payment information is being handled with the highest level of security and care. If you have any questions or concerns about our PCI compliance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
BeneFAQ does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT REGARDING STUDENTS?
BeneFAQ, our cloud-based software for tuition aid verification, collects specific student/family information which is used to determine need for financial aid. This data is collected at the time the family applies for financial aid with a client school. We only collect student names, addresses, ages, grades in school, dates of birth, social security income, and trust information, as applicable.
SchoolRIGHT LLC (dba BeneFAQ) will at no time share or sell ANY school, student, or family information with or to third parties, or use such information in conjunction with third parties for any other purpose other than as authorized at the time of sale. We will use school information for our internal marketing purposes or family testimonials when explicitly agreed to by the family via opt-in which is authorized at the time of data collection.
BeneFAQ follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
Like any other website, BeneFAQ uses 'cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
Note that BeneFAQ has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
THIRD-PARTY PRIVACY POLICIES
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers' respective websites.
THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. We may use Google Analytics cookies to compile data regarding user interactions as they relate to our website.
You can permanently opt out of Google Analytic cookies by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
We value your trust in providing us your personal information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
The information you provide is safely collected over 128 bit SSL Secured web pages. The viewing of the report by your school via the internet is also over the same secured connection. Access to this information online is protected by password, username, and school identification code.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
CONSENT & DISCLOSURE
- They have given SchoolRIGHT, LLC (dba BeneFAQ) permission to perform such contract.
- Processing of personal information is in the legitimate best interest of SchoolRIGHT, LLC (dba BeneFAQ), the school and the parent.
- SchoolRIGHT, LLC (dba BeneFAQ) must comply with the law regarding collection of PII.
- We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
According to CalOPPA We Agree to the Following:
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By emailing us at [email protected]
- By calling us 888.339.7509
- By logging in to their account at benefaq.com and leaving a message or making the changes themselves.
COPPA (CHILDREN ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not market to children under 13.
FAIR INFORMATION PRACTICES
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via email within 7 business days.
- We will notify the users via in-site notification within 7 business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CANSPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information or requests, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN SPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at:
Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email, and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
It should be noted that email communication to an applicant family and school is a key function of our system during the process of verification. A family or school that chooses to opt out of emails may find it very difficult to use the BeneFAQ system efficiently. We bear no responsibility for how this may impact the completion of the verification process or the school’s award determinations.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us:
[email protected], [email protected], or 888.339.7509